The Links Open...A Tournament For Everyone!
2016 Tournament begins April 23 and runs every 4th Sunday through September!
If you’re a golfer with a desire for a little fun and competition, we have something just for you — The LINKS OPEN Tournament. All men and women maintaining a current and valid GHIN Handicap are eligible to participate.
- Tournaments will generally be held on the 4th Sunday of each month, culminating with the Open Player of the Year Tournament in October (See full schedule below)
- The tournament format will alternate between Net and Stableford scoring methods
- To play call the Pro Shop for your Tee Time Reservation at 845-223-1000. You must play before 1:00 p.m. & tee times are available beginning at 6:15 a.m.
- Cost to enter is $10 plus the published rate for greens fees and carts
Eligibility: All men and women maintaining a current and valid USGA GHIN Handicap are eligible to participate in the Open tournaments. There will be separate flights for Men and Women.
Format and Schedule:
- The Open Tournament tee times (beginning at 6:15 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.) will be available prior to 1:00 pm on the day of the Tournament.
- The scoring format will alternate each month between Low Net, Stableford, and Modified Stableford scoring.
Stableford and Modified Stableford Point Structures:
|Net Score||Stableford||Modified Stableford|
|Double Bogey Or Worse||0||-1|
2016 Open Tournament Dates and Format
- Sunday, April 23 - Low Net
- Sunday, May 28 - Stableford
- Sunday, June 25 - Low Net
- Sunday, July 23 - Stableford
- Sunday, August 27 - Low Net
- Sunday, September 24 - Stableford
- Sunday, October 15 - Low Net
- Sunday, October 22 - Player of the Year Finals - Stableford
- #2 tees = Course Handicap minus 2 strokes (differential between course ratings for #3 and #2 tees)
- #4 tees = course handicap plus 1 stroke (differential between course ratings for #4 and #3 tees).
- #2 tees = Course Handicap plus 5 strokes (differential between course ratings for #2 and #1 tees).
When checking in, players must indicate the tee they are playing from (e.g., Red, Gold, White, Blue, Black)
|Weekends & Holidays||Walking||Riding|
|18 Holes - 6 am to 7 am||$65||$81|
|18 Holes - 7 am to 11:30 am*
*Carts required between 7 am and 10 am
|18 Holes - 11:30 am to 1:00 pm||$65||$81|
|18 Holes - Mid-Day - 1:00 to 3:30 pm||$49||$65|
|18 Holes - Twilight - 3:30 pm to close||$39||$49|
|9 Holes - after 5:00 pm|